Wednesday, April 15, 2015

They're on the way

Melinda and Liz have just finished their first night on the trail, "cowboy camping" for the first time.

There was little confusion in finding the trailhead resulting in Border Patrol responses and a dirty Lexus. (See their blog for details.)

For my part, I was frantically texting pictures of the trailhead monument found on the internet to help them find their way. I have no idea if it helped, but they did get there and set off on time.

I then wondered if they would turn on their tracker and was relieved to see the blue dots show up on my computer. The novelty is already starting to wear off and I find I'm able to focus on work better today.

They were able to text and post to the blog both before the start and at day's end. I don't expect that to continue, but it was nice to be able to communicate as they set off.

Bodie and I are adjusting. We have listed chores on the blackboard and who should be be doing them. We will see how that works out. We definitely need to find a task distribution that works, because I've already found that there just aren't enough hours in the day for me to do my job and Melinda's by myself. Bodie is trying to do his part, hopefully that will continue as the weeks go on.

Day 2 has begun and the ladies are approaching Lake Morena and the 20 mile mark. They planned for a slow start to let their bodies acclimate to the extra work they are asking them to perform. The first major milestone is Mount Laguna, where they are due on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment